Management Software

Occasional Contributor

EFCM Loss of Manageability

Hi,

after the upgrade of our switches McData Intrepid 10000 (Brocade Mi10K) eos to version 09.07.02 2, we have regularly the message "Loss of manageability" into our EFCM (v 9.7) main log.

This message comes with a lot of "Port # connection offline...", "ISL removed between ...", "Outofband offline ...".

Hopefully there is no interruption in the FC fabrics but when this occurs, we loose effectively the management of our directors.

I assume that a parameter has to be changed or set into EFCM and/or into the switches but I don't know which one.

Any idea

Best regards

Jean

External Moderator

Re: EFCM Loss of Manageability

Jean,

as attach the latest General Available EFCM Release Notes v9.7.3

here are some bug fixed.

BTW, check the release Notes of closed fixed by the EOSn higher as your actually 9.7.2

Latest GA Release is 9.8.2

I assume this is a Bug beetwen EOS and EFCM

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

many thanks for your quick support.

Unfortunately, I cannot download the latest version of EFCM.

Could you send me the link to find it?

Best regards

Jean

External Moderator

Jean

EFCM is not availbale for Public Download and i not have any Download link.

You can obtain the latest EFCM release by brocade if you have a valid and active Brocade Service Plan or ask by they Vendor or Contry Brocade Sales Person.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

OK thanks.

I've contacted our vendor and he will come this afternoon with the downloaded EFCM 9.7.3

Many thanks for all

Best regards

Jean

Occasional Contributor

The loss of manageability problem came from the fact that another system monitor our Mi10K directors in the same time that EFCM.

We stop the polling on that other system and the loss of manageability problem was solved.

Jean

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.