Management Software

New Contributor

Disable Log messages for successful CLI commands

After upgrading FOS from 7.3.1 to 7.4.1d (EMC Target) we started to get a lot of "Product Audit Events" in the Master Log of CMCNE (BNA). For every CLI command executed on the switches we get a entry in the log. Is there any way to only log failes commands to the log and "ignore" the successful ones?

-- 
D/\N
Valued Contributor

Re: Disable Log messages for successful CLI commands

I think BNA just gets what the switches are forwarding. On the switch side, you can try reconfiguring the audit subsystem. But I'm not sure it's possible to filter out the failed CLI calls. I think you either get all the CLI calls or none.
Brocade Moderator

Alexey is right, it is the auditcfg command which you can use to disable / enable logging of CLI command. Either you get all command or none logged to the syslog server (and in the auditdump).

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

Thanks for your feedback (both of you).

I have now managed to "get rid" of those CLI-messages.

-- 
D/\N

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook