Management Software

Occasional Contributor

DCFM "Event Notifications" can't send email

We recently migrated from EFCM to DCFM. 

The migration went well except we can’t seem to get the “Event  Policies" to work. 

We would like is to have the Event Policy send an email notification when an event happens.  We tried several configurations but we have yet to get this to work.

Here is the setup

DCFM ver10.3.2

Java build 1.6.0-13

Two  Brocade 48000 fibre Directors

Two Brocade 5000 fibre switches

We set up an event policy to send an email whenever a backup is run. 

The two IP address are the IP address of the two Directors. 

The email should be going to a general email.

All the users are configured to receive an email alert

When a backup is started and completed an event shows in the Master Log but no email is generated.

If I go into Monitor, Event Notifications, Email and send a test Email

Everyone on the User email list receives the Test Message.

We have spent several weeks working on this and have yet to find out whats is going on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Occasional Contributor

Re: DCFM "Event Notifications" can't send email

Just thought I would post an update.

We received this from Brocade

Brocade has determined that the Event Notification issue our customer is experiencing is because of DEFECT000278209. This issue is reported to be fixed in an upcoming version of DCFM.

Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same problem here. Also started a topic on this problem.

It's just not triggering, it's not an email definition problem. I also can't get a message to display.

So I came across the exact same defect you mentioned and upgraded to DCFM 10.4.0 yesterday. Didn't solve the problem.

I ran out of options....

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am having a related problem but the issue doesn't even reach the email level. I set up event policies and created the events on the switch. However, the event doesn't even reach the master log on the DCFM server for the event policy to recognise what has happened. I had to recycle the services for DCFM to pick up the event in the master log and email the alert.

I have been told to go to 10.4.1 but from seeing the threads it looks like it doesn't help.

Regards Paresh.

Super Contributor

Hi all,

I don't think this Notification problem is caused due any kind of Bug or Defect in the DCFM.

I think the problem is related due Missing or Wrong config.

Q.:

1) Is DNS correct configured in Local DCFM Server ?

2) Is DNS correct configured in Switches ?

"dnsconfig" is the command

I'm working with DCFM current 10.4.0 and Notification work fine.

Occasional Contributor

Hi

I agree if the email isn't working. I think my problem is unrelated to this thread.

Regards Paresh

Super Contributor

pareshc,

--->>> I think my problem is unrelated to this thread.

Then are you invited to Open a separat NEW if they are the opinion the problem is "unrelated" to this Threads  to Avoid Confusion.

So Please ignore my preview Post.

Thank You.

Occasional Contributor

This is not an email problem. DCFM is able to mail just fine. It's also not a problem of messages not appearing in the master log. The problem is that DCFM isn't triggered if a policy should fire.  It just doesn't pick up the messages. Whether the action is mail, message, script, it doesn't matter. It doesn't get that far. All master log entries are ignored. No matter what I define. Pulling my hair out here!

Super Contributor

Dag Robert,

this Threads opened by IceMan, is titled:

"DCFM "Event Notifications" can't send email"

Your write here:

--->>> This is not an email problem.

--->>> DCFM is able to mail just fine. It's also not a problem of messages not appearing in the master log.

Ok.

From this last,

--->>> The problem is that DCFM isn't triggered if a policy should fire.  It just doesn't pick up the messages.

I understand they have follow problem, - Please let me if I understand Wrongly -

DCFM is unable to Collect any kind of Message, Policy and so on from Switch/Directory listed in DCFM and then send by e-mail.

I'm correct ?

Occasional Contributor

Just noticed I posted in the wrong thread. I'm sorry. Was replying from a mobile phone :) I'm having the same problem as the topicstarter. Here's the tread I thought I was answering: http://community.brocade.com/message/12364#12364  From what I see we both have the same problem :) You're right, dcfm just doesn't see whatever message you define in a policy, so it doesn't trigger the policy. And if it doesn't trigger, a logical thing is that it doesn't email.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook