Management Software

New Contributor

DCFM - newly discovered switches are not connected to others

Hello,

Recently we have deployed three new switches on each of our two fabrics. DCFM has discovered them in their fabrics, but they are not connected anywhere on the map. When looking at these switches' ports there are erratic indications there - DCFM reports:

a) one occupieded port, port number 0. It claims that it is an E-port, while actually nothing is connected to that port.

b) one attached port (with a WWN of an actual port on the other side of the ISL) marked with a small red flag.

c) all remaining ports are displayed as unoccupied.

In fact these switches have E-ports on quite different port numbers, there are also many hosts connected to these switches and they transmit FC data without any problems.

The question is: how to remove these switches from DCFM to give it a chance to discover them once again? I hope this would correct the problem... Or may be someone has some other idea how to deal with this problem? Any help will be appreciated...

Super Contributor

Re: DCFM - newly discovered switches are not connected to others

Are this NEW Switch Up-to-Date by Fabric OS with compatible Release whit DCFM ?

Remove ( Switch IP ) from Discovery, Stop DCFM restart now and add the Switch IP now in DCFM Discovery.

New Contributor

Thanks,

but the problem is how to remove a single switch from discovery? Under Discover->Setup I can only delete entire fabric, which of course is not what I would like to do (I would lose e.g. historical performance data).

I have DCFM 10.3.0 and Fabric OS is 6.2.1b on all switches.

Super Contributor

--->>> which of course is not what I would like to do (I would lose e.g. historical performance data).

Usually, remove the switch from DCFM Discovery don't have any kind of Impact with the switch Config, like, Aliases, Zoning etc....

--->>> but the problem is how to remove a single switch from discovery?

From DCFM Discovery Setup, you need just to remove the Switch IP, from the list.

New Contributor

--->>> From DCFM Discovery Setup, you need just to remove the Switch IP, from the list.

Well, but I just can not do that! See attached screen... When I select a switch, the 'Delete' button is grayed. It is not grayed only if I choose entire fabric... Right-click brings up only options related to manipulating the displayed data, like copy, export to file, resize columns, etc.

Super Contributor

Not from the Fabric, but from Discovery Setup.

let me check here please in my local LAB_SAN, i coming back.

New Contributor

Just a note to anyone who might be looking for a solution of the similar problem:

I was not able to find a way to make DCFM to "forget" about one switch (I was not able to delete it from the list of discovered switches), so finally I decided to reboot entire serwer with DCFM. That solved the problem.

Super Contributor

That solved the problem? But is it the right way. I am more interested in troubleshooting the DCFM as I am going to work on that soon

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook