11-10-2009 07:33 AM
We're new to DCFM 10.3.0 (Enterprise). I note that the database (dcfm.db) is located under C:\Program Files\DCFM 10.3.0\data\databases\dcfm.db
Is there a procedure to relocate the dcfm database and any transaction logs onto the same VMware server (eg under E:) I have checked the docs but can't find anything. I want to move it onto a bigger drive.
Also any tips links etc to documents that encourage the user how to get the best out of DCFM - i'm familiar with SAN FC, routing zoning etc but find the DCFM documentation slightly sprawling - it doesn't have a section that details WHY you should use the product..........but i may be missing something of course!
11-10-2009 09:05 PM
--->>> We're new to DCFM 10.3.0 (Enterprise). I note that the database (dcfm.db) is located under C:\Program Files\DCFM 10.3.0\data\databases\dcfm.db
Installing Enterprise edition on Windows systems
1. Insert the installation DVD into the DVD-ROM drive.
If autorun is enabled, the DVD Index page launches automatically. Click the Enterprise Install link.
If autorun is not enabled, open the following file:
2. Click Next on the Introduction screen.
3. Read the agreement on the License Agreement screen, select I accept the terms of the
License Agreement and click Next.
4. Select the usual location for your system’s application files (for example, D:\Program
Files\DCFM 10.3.X) on the Select Install Folder screen and click Next.
Do not install to the root directory (for example, C:\).
5. Review the displayed installation summary on the Pre-Installation Summary