Management Software

Occasional Contributor

DCFM - how to relocate repository database dcfm.db

Hello

We're new to DCFM 10.3.0 (Enterprise). I note that the database (dcfm.db) is located under C:\Program Files\DCFM 10.3.0\data\databases\dcfm.db

Is there a procedure to relocate the dcfm database and any transaction logs onto the same VMware server (eg under ESmiley Happy I have checked the docs but can't find anything. I want to move it onto a bigger drive.

Also any tips links etc  to documents that encourage the user how to get the best out of DCFM - i'm familiar with SAN FC, routing zoning etc but find the DCFM documentation slightly sprawling - it doesn't have a section that details WHY  you should use the product..........but i may be missing something of course!

many thanks

John

External Moderator

Re: DCFM - how to relocate repository database dcfm.db

John,

--->>> We're new to DCFM 10.3.0 (Enterprise). I note that the database (dcfm.db) is located under C:\Program Files\DCFM 10.3.0\data\databases\dcfm.db

Installing Enterprise edition on Windows systems

1. Insert the installation DVD into the DVD-ROM drive.

•

If autorun is enabled, the DVD Index page launches automatically. Click the Enterprise Install link.

•

If autorun is not enabled, open the following file:

<DVD_Drive>\DCFM\windows\install.exe

2. Click Next on the Introduction screen.

3. Read the agreement on the License Agreement screen, select I accept the terms of the

License Agreement and click Next.

4. Select the usual location for your system’s application files (for example, D:\Program

Files\DCFM 10.3.X) on the Select Install Folder screen and click Next.

Do not install to the root directory (for example, C:\).

5. Review the displayed installation summary on the Pre-Installation Summary

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.