Management Software

Occasional Contributor

DCFM Names / Nicknames

Hi

We have just added 2 new Brocade 5300 switches to our SAN and consequently upgraded from EFCM to DCFM.

All the nicknames from EFCM were lost in the upgrade process. Before I re-enter them all, is there a way to add "Names" into DCFM such that those names appear on the DCFM connectivity map, product list AND on the switches themselves. ie So when I right click on a switch and select Element Manager / Ports, I'd like the names appear in the Port name column.

The benefit of this would be that the names follow the HBAs if they are moved from one port on a switch to another.

Have been trying to do this for years with EFCM, but always failed miserably.

Any help much appreciated.

External Moderator

Re: DCFM Names / Nicknames

Tony,

--->>> We have just added 2 new Brocade 5300 switches to our SAN.....

--->>> ....and consequently "upgraded" from EFCM to DCFM.

--->>> All the nicknames from EFCM were lost in the upgrade process.

You must Mirgrate first from EFCM to DCFM, because Old release of EFCM don't Support the 5300 other New Switch model and some FabOS Release.

From wich exact EFCM rel. do you have Upgrade to wich exact DCFM Rel. ?

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi

We upgraded from EFCM 9.7.4 to DCFM 10.1.4.

regards

New Contributor

I though I had lost all my nicknames as well. I found them in C:\Program Files\CMDCE 10.1.4\migration\data\nickname.properties ( I am using Conenctrix Manager now. BTW I HATE DCFM. No nicknames in the zones - all i see is FCID and WWN now.

Occasional Contributor

I must admit I thought DCFM was supposed to be superior to EFCM, but I see we have also lost the ability to create custom views based on different attributes (location, fabric etc). I'm also having issues with my zones not appearing in DCFM Zoning on one of the fabrics, so haven't got as far as nicknames in there. We have been forced into DCFM because we needed to expand our port count and could no longer purchase McData switches, so now have a mixed environment, hence the need for DCFM.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply AZSANMAN - I see what you mean about the lack of nicknames in the "Configure / Zoning" dialogue box.

I see them on the left hand panel, but not on any configured zones (middle and right hand panels).

This is a step backwards from EFCM!!!

As nobody has responded to my earlier question about nicknames following HBAs on the switches, I'm beginning to regret this so called "upgrade".

May I ask how Connectrix Manager compares to EFCM/DCFM?   I might be following in your footsteps....

Regards

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook