Management Software

Occasional Contributor

[DCFM] Enhancement request :: Select IP address to show to switches

Hello Brocade Dudes,

DCFM 10.4.2 runnin on a linux box. This server is able to talk to several different fabrics. Some are directly attached (same subnet), others are remote with network address translation, some without.

Everything's fine for "same subnet" ones & "no NAT ones". Things are a nightmare for those with nat.

When trying to update a firmware, get a supportsave, ..., dcfm will fork (let's say we're just trying to get a supportsave) the following command, from the switch :

/fabos/cliexec/supportsave -n -u admin -p <password> -h <DCFM IP ADDRESS> -d /technicalsupport/Supportinfo-Thu-07-29-2010-12-25-38 /<switchname>-<switchIpAddress>-<switch_wwn> -l ftp

where <DCFM IP ADDRESS> is the IP address you choose in Server > Options > IP Configuration > Preferred Address.

This is fine for non natted network, this is bad for natted ones.

2 solutions may be possible :

• Choose, on a fabric per fabric, the IP address you want to get the informations sent to,
  • Choose to not send an IP address as an argument but a hostname. In such case, it would be dns admin's work to ensure that, on a given network, this hostname goes to the natt'ed address, while it would go to the real address on a different network.

I hope I am clear enough,

Regards

Olivier

Super Contributor

Re: [DCFM] Enhancement request :: Select IP address to show to switches

This guide can help you may be.

Occasional Contributor

Can not open it, get a 500 http error

THanks anyway,

Olivier

Super Contributor

can u find the same, or provide me ur email id I will send these.you can download from the web too.

Occasional Contributor

Found them, thanks a lot for your help, very appreciated !!

Olivier

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook