Management Software

Occasional Contributor

DCFM 10.3.0 - obtaining meaningful email alerts

Hello

I may have missed something obvious but am having much trouble in filtering email alerts from dcfm.

I'm getting loads of unwanted alerts and i can't seem to find out how to filter them out.

Event policies don't seem to be driving things - ie when no policies are enabled the alerts  still appear.

Also, i've sussed out filtering the master log to obtain meaningful output on the screen, where i'm primarily interested in Ports / ISLs going offline.  - question is how do i transfer this filtering into my email alerting?

I'm slightly ashamed of having to pose this quesiton as the matter of email alerting shouldn't be so challenging!

thank you  John

Occasional Contributor

Re: DCFM 10.3.0 - obtaining meaningful email alerts

I had missed something, rather i'd neglected to read the manual.

Email filtering is done on a per-user basis  - not suprisingly perhaps! So i edited my own user profile and so staunched the flow

of unwanted emails.

Events are selected and advanced filtering used to manage specific include or excludes - in my case those names of embedded switches connected but no longer in use.

I won't be thinking about assigning myself any points!

john

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook