Management Software

New Contributor

Configuring DCFM & Symantec CommandCentral

Has anyone successfully got DCFM and Command Central Storage talking to each other and reporting the SAN information from the former in to the latter?

I've tried pretty much everything to try and get this to work but the limited documentation from both sides, specifically from Brocade about DCFM SIM/CIMOM configuration is really causing a headache!

If anyone has any information I'd much appreciate it.....PS I've read most of the documents that there are!

Super Contributor

Re: Configuring DCFM & Symantec CommandCentral

Hi,

we are facing similar issue and we are going to take CCS for capacity management only.they need admin login and password of the Brocade devices not user pwds.CCS access the Brocade devices thorugh SMI agent.

But they are doing something with Brocade to overcome this. I do not know when they will succeed.

New Contributor

I don't quite understand your reply.

Are you saying that you have got CCS communicating with the DCFM SMI using the switch login and password, or are you saying that is what I should use but you haven't been able to get it to work?

I have tried configuring the device is CCS using the switch credentials but get the same error message;

Error probing SMIS device {xxxxxxx}.  Either the device specified is not a cimom, the contact details are incorrect, or the login/passowrd are incorrect.

Which is not very useful for troubleshooting at all!

Any more help from anyone would be appreciated.

Super Contributor

CCS works on CIMOM/SMI-Agent. In case of brocade , CCS connects the Brocade SWs through SMI-Agent.You need to ask the CCS (Symantec) peopel that they have not properly configured it or not. Your log in password should be admin.Then only you can access Brocade SWs from CCS.

For DCFM related pls find the thread  :

http://community.brocade.com/thread/2793

This may help you a lot.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook