Management Software

New Contributor

Configure administrative users in Radius server to allow login to Brocade FC switch

What attributes should one set in a radius server itself in order to give a user account administrative priviliges to a Brocade Fibre Channel switch?

The WebTools Admin Guide says the following:

Managing RADIUS service
Fabric OS supports RADIUS authentication, authorization, and accounting service (AAA). When
configured for RADIUS, the switch becomes a Network Access Server (NAS) that acts as a RADIUS
client. In this configuration, authentication records are stored in the RADIUS host server database.
Login and logout account name, assigned role, and time accounting records are also stored on the
RADIUS server.

I'd like to create an account on the Radius server which would allow login as an admin level switch administrator.  I've already been able to create a regular user in radius and login to the switch as that user.  Now I want to make an admin level user.

Thanks for the help,

Alan

Super Contributor

Re: Configure administrative users in Radius server to allow login to Brocade FC switch

Hello Alan,

this depends on your  FOS code you are using and if you use Microsoft IAS or freeradius on LINUX.

Additional keep in mind that you need additional attributes for authentication if you use Virtual Fabric or administrative Domains?

If not you have to define the administrative role.

user, admin or root.

Please check from the latest Admin Guide Chapter 5.

If you need further information let me know.

Regards,

Andreas

New Contributor

Re: Configure administrative users in Radius server to allow login to Brocade FC switch

Thank you.  This is just what I was looking for.

Alan Carwile

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook