09-30-2015 08:17 AM
I'm currently running BNA 12.2.0 on OEL 5.7 and currently having issues migrating to 12.4.0. So I wanted to see if anyone has migrated from LINUX to Windows? I don't see it part of the migration path but would assume someone has given it a try.
Has anyone tried this and been successful? If so, please provide some relevant details and steps.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-30-2015 12:25 PM
Looks like you can do it as a multi-hop process involving backup/restore then migrate. From the Install docs:
Cross-OS migration is not supported; however, you can restore a Windows OS backup to a Linux OS
and vice versa. If you are migrating from one OS to another, complete the following steps.
If you are migrating from a pre-12.0.X release, you must first migrate to Network Advisor 12.2.X on your current server (refer to Table 9 on page 46 for the release migration path).
10-01-2015 12:12 PM
Yup I basically did what you were talking about. Here are my steps:
Current Version of BNA 12.2.0
OS: OEL 5.7
Objective: Migrate BNA to Windows 2012 Server and upgrade to 12.4.2
1. Take backup of BNA server and copy it to windows server
2. Shutdown services on Linux Sever through SMC. This step is optional if you only want to have one BNA instance. I currently have both instances up.
3. Install BNA 12.2.0 on Windows 2012 Server. * make sure to install the same licensed version (not trial), it will ask for the key
4. Once installed bring down the services through SMC on New Windows server.
5. Go to Restore Tab on SMC and browse to the backup directory of the backup you took from step 1.
6. Once the restore finishes, it will prompt you to that it has successfully restored the data. Run the Network Advisor Configuration for the restored data to take effect.
7. Start services from SMC and now your able to run BNA 12.2.0.
8. You can now continue to upgrade to 12.4.2.