Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Can anyone tell me what the following error means and if it is disruptive? "The overall port status of the connectivity unit has changed"

Could soemone explain to me what this means and how it affects my access gateway?

The overall port status of the connectivity unit has changed...

It is a message that I am receiving in the master logs of BNA and the orgin is SNMP Trap...

Thanks,

Valued Contributor

Re: Can anyone tell me what the following error means and if it is disruptive? "The overall port status of the connectivity unit has changed"

Something happened with the one or more of the ports on the device which send the SNMP trap.

How this affect your device depend on what happened, best way to find is is by logging on the device and have a look in the logs/portstatus etc.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Can anyone tell me what the following error means and if it is disruptive? "The overall port status of the connectivity unit has changed"

How often are you seeing this message in the master log and what version of FOS ?

thanks,

-Annie.

Occasional Contributor

Initially, I was seeing it several times a day but now, I am only seeing it periodically, since I have installed and uninstalled various versions of Java.  Is it disruptive?

Frequent Contributor

This looks like a bug and should not have any impact on the functionality .  I am working on getting some additional information and will update the thread once i do .

-Annie.

N/A

Hello,

I have the same question.

Brocade 4424 v6.2.2b

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook