Management Software

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

COMPASS - Can´t link a template for Compass

Hi team.

I´m using BNA 14.2.1 and trying to set up Compass properly. Ashamed to say, I haven´t done this earlier,

but now when trying to link a template to a Product group, it doesn´t work when clicking on the

"Link template" button.

I have created a Configuration, added it to a template, but when trying link the template, it just doesn´t

happen anything.

I´m clicking on the drop-down button named "Link Template", then a (kind of) button is shown and when clicking

on this button - nothing happes.

I have attached a picture of the step where I stop.

I have tried to figure out if there is a pre-step that I´ve missed, but I can´t find anything.

I have tested on two different BNA-servers, 14.2.0 and 14.2.1.

Is there anyone with bright ideas of what might be done to get it to work?

Regards

Ulf

Brocade Moderator

Re: COMPASS - Can´t link a template for Compass

Hi Ulf,

I tried the below on a 14.2.0 BNA server - starting by defining a configuration for ftp server

compass-1-cfg.png

then creating a templete with only the ftp sever setup and saving

compass-2-as-template.png

then going into monitor and expanding the predefined (i did also create my own mgmt group)

compass-3-monitor.png

And when standing on the test2 fabric, the link template button i see my template

compass-4-monitor.png

And after selecting my ftp server template i was done

compass-5-monitor.png

and the drift is visible

compass-6-monitor-drift.png

From what you wrote this is what you did.  Can share the configuration and template view, too?  What Java version is used for the  BNA fat client?

kind regards,

-martin

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Re: COMPASS - Can´t link a template for Compass

Thanks Martin.

Your answer got me on the right path.

I could see that you didn´t have a orange dot (an incomplete icon, infront of the configuration name, which I had and didn´t react on.

So I took a look in my Configuration and found that I had incompleted info in "User Credentials".

After completing the item, it works fine.

Many thanks!!
Ulf

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.