Management Software

Contributor

Brocade 48k discovery issues with ECM9.7.3

We upgraded our ECM from 9.1 to 9.7.3. After the upgrade, I am having discovery issues. One 48K is discovered but is not fully manageable because it says telnet/ssh failed to login to can't get zone information. The other one goes outband-online and offline every few seconds. Nothing has changed on the switches. The switches and ECM server are on the same private network. Is there any thing that can be done either on the switches or EMC side . Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Moeen

External Moderator

Re: Brocade 48k discovery issues with ECM9.7.3

Moeen,

i assume you mean EFCM and not ECM

EFCM 9.7.3 support FabOS Releases from 5.2.x  to 6.1.1.

What i the actually rel. loaded in the 48K ? 

I have my doubt your was able to Full Managed the 48000 with the EFCM 9.1

TechHelp24
Contributor

No. I mean EMC Connectrix Manger. The release on the switches is 6.2.0g. While at 9.1 ( for a brief moment), I was able to discover both the 48k without any problems and ECM was able to import the existing zone information from the switches. After upgrading to 9.7.3, one switch is discovered but not manageable, the other one gets discovered every five minutes and then goes away. Brocade support tells me that I might have to upgrade to 9.7.4. .

Regards

Moeen

External Moderator

Ok.

The Connectix Manager and EFCM are both the same produkt.

--->>> I was able to discover both the 48k without any problems and ECM was able to import the existing zone information from the switches.

Is propable, but 9.1 not Support FOS Rel. 6.2.

Only EFCM or Connectrix Manager Verion 9.7.4 Support FOS 6.2.x

This is a reason of suggest from Brocade Support to Upgrade to 9.7.4

TechHelp24
Contributor

I followed Brocade's recommendation and upgraded to 9.7.4. Initially it didn't work and it showed the same symptoms. I left it over night. The next I logged in, changed the discovery settings for both Brocades, completed discovery, five minutes later, both switches were discovered and manageable.

thanks for your help.

Moeen

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook