Management Software

Occasional Contributor

BNA software communication issue

Hi,

I am posting for the first time on brocade community.

I am trying to configure BNA for the first time. As our envrionment is secured environment i need to use port 443 for communication with san switches.

Somehow the communication is not happening between BNA and san switches. The current FOS on the switches is 6.4.3 and BNA version is 11.1.4.

I tried to telnet switch on 443 port but no luck.

Thanks!

Chetan

Super Contributor

Re: BNA software communication issue

Greetings candewar.  First... welcome to the Brocade Community site!  Here's hoping we we can get you on the right path and can help clear this up for you.  Second, the first two places you'll want to visit is the Admin Guides for Fabric OS and the 'Install and Migration' guide for BNA.  If memory serves, both list required ports to have open through network firewalls for communication to occur between the two. 

For FOS:  http://www.brocade.com/forms/getFile?p=documents/product_manuals/B_SAN/FOS_AdminGd_v720.html

For BNA:  http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/html_product_manuals/NA_1210_IG/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Appendix_References.7.4.html

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Occasional Contributor

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the links provided. It really helped me to move ahead though the issue is not solved fully.

Super Contributor

Hi candewar.  Sorry to hear this isn't resolved as of yet.  If you've opened the ports for needed for BNA to communicate with the fabric and the two still cant communicate, I believe the best options  at this point is to engage support.  Please consult your predefined support vendor for BNA.  If Brocade is your support vendor, you may review direct Brocade support options at Services and Support - Brocade

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook