For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Management Software

New Contributor

BNA license key

I tried to restore BNA 14.2.1 from the backup which failed... afterwards the BNA services refused to start.

I tried to re-install but it wouldn't allow it as 14.2.1 was allready installed on the server. I could also not uninstall the broken 14.2.1

Tried upgrading to 14.4.1 and however it picked up the previous install, was unable to migrate the data and it uninstalled 14.4.1 again as part of the process.

Ended up installing a fresh 14.4.1 but now need the license key.

I found a Meta-data.properties file with license = "string of text" serial = "string of text" but uploading any combination of the file to BNA license fails.

Any idea how I can locate the license key from the previous installs?

Tried finding previous cw.log files but nothing...

Thanks

Stefan

External Moderator

Re: BNA license key

@StefanDB007

you should be able in my.brocade.com to obtain a license key.

However you need to login in my.brocade.com with the email adress where the license key was generated.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Indeed...

I have tried over at www.brocade.com and I get the following:

"The information about this unit cannot be displayed due to conflicts in unit ownership."

External Moderator

@StefanDB007

--->>>"The information about this unit cannot be displayed due to conflicts in unit ownership."

As saied in my preview post, you need to ligin with the email address where the License key was generated.

otherwise you get the info as above, and cannot recovery the key.

TechHelp24
Highlighted
New Contributor

So after a lot of searching I managed to find the correct license file :|

Now everything seems to work but the web client for some reason still launches the 14.2.1 version which is obviously not compatible with 14.4.1

Any idea how I can rectify this?

Join the Broadcom Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.