Management Software

Occasional Contributor

BNA - Why do I still see hosts/HBAs in the Product List and Topology Map panes even though the hosts have been deleted ?

Hi everyone,

I have a number of decommissioned hosts, discovered correctly in BNA ( 12.4.2 ) which I would like to delete from all views.

Although I have "removed" them via:

Discover -> Host Adapters -> Discovered Hosts -> Delete

followed by:

Discover -> Host Adapters -> Previously Discovered Hosts -> Delete

They stubbornly refuse to go away and remain in the Product List and Topology Map panes in my SAN dashboard.

I even rebooted the BNA server, but they're still there.

I believe that I've followed all the documented steps. Please can anybody suggest why this is happening ?

Occasional Contributor

Re: BNA - Why do I still see hosts/HBAs in the Product List and Topology Map panes even though the hosts have been deleted ?

Panic over :smileyvery-happy:

I had not disabled "Track Fabric Changes".

Having done so, the missing hosts disappeared.

Not sure yet whether leaving tracking permanently on or off is the wiser option...

Broadcom

Re: BNA - Why do I still see hosts/HBAs in the Product List and Topology Map panes even though the hosts have been deleted ?

I think Fabric tracking is a good feature to be kept on. This lets you know on the topology and Device tree if a port has gone done that shouldnt be down.

If its a valid change, you can just select "Accept Changes" and the missing or added ports will not show different indicators.

Contributor

Tracking changes allows you to quickly identlfy both new, and dead devices; it is definitely worth leaving on.  You just accept the changes to clear everything back to a current state.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook