Management Software

Occasional Visitor

BNA REST API: Physical and FC Switches

Hi there,

Iam coding a rest API Script that shows me every fabric and their switches. Unfortunatly the  url "/rest/resourcegroups/All/fcswitches/" output does not contain any information about Firmware, IP etc. To get this data I use the url "/rest/resourcegroups/All/physicalswitches". The output contains every information I want.

My problem is that I can't match the data from both urls to create a list with information for every switch from both urls.

My first idea was to match the information by using the wwns of both outputs. But I've forgotten that logical switchtes have their own wwn. Comparing the wwns of logical switches belonging to same physical, I saw that only the last position of the wwns differ. Running the script like this I had to learn that this is not the same for all switches an their logicals....

Has anyone tried this before and found a way to match both ouputs? Searching the community I didn't find a thread with a problem like mine.

Thanks in advance

Broadcom Moderator

Re: BNA REST API: Physical and FC Switches

Hello,

Please find attached a document that will help you for match the switch information with REST.

See the logical view for retrieve the necessary information page 98.

You will need to follow the REST organization for that with path:

resourcegroups/All/fcfabrics

Then with the different fcfkey retrieve the corresponding fcswitches

An then with the different fcskey retrieve the physicalswitches...

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.