Management Software

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: BNA Disk Usage

Just as an update on this for anyone interested. I've finally got to the bottom of the disk space usage - which I think someone did point me at during my upgrade but for reasons I'll explain in a minute it didn't resolve the issues straight away.

Basically the disk was being used by the Performance data collection - which, currently, we don't use as we have other tools that do this. So I've disabled all the historical data collection and run the clear-performance-data script to delete all the old data.

Now, the first time I ran this - during my migration - it cleared out 10GB, not a lot - but it did error. At the time I didn't think much of it and just assumed it had worked on the whole.

I have since run some scripts on the SQL through PGAdmin to report on the table sizes and all the main culprits were the 'time series data' tables - which if I'm honest I didn't know what they were for.

anyway, in a last ditch effort I ran the clear-performance-data script again this morning and it cleared out 80GB (and errored again), bringing my DB down to 100GB. However, looking at the table sizes again there were still a lot of 'time series data' tables with a lot of info in them. So I've run the script again and now my DB is 4.25GB! much more managable!!

So now I can increase my event rentention and once I've got my head around what - if any - performance data we require we can switch it on and tune it to what we need.

mystery solved, in the end by a lot of poking around and a bit of guess work.

thanks

Jack

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook