Management Software

Frequent Visitor

BNA 12.4.2 alert "SSH access by user dummy from src IP a.b.c.d rejected, 1 attempt(s)".

I am getting alerts on my BNA that "SSH access by user dummy from src IP a.b.c.d rejected, 1 attempt(s)". BNA is trying to access Brocade ICX switch and it is giving this alert. Some days back we have changed ICX switch credentials and from there onward we are getting this alert continously.  How can I fix this problem, I mean i am sure BNA is accessing ICX with previous credentials and attempt is failing. How can we resolve it or how can we change credentials in BNA. Please guide.

Thank you.

Brocade Moderator

Re: BNA 12.4.2 alert "SSH access by user dummy from src IP a.b.c.d rejected, 1 attempt(s)".

From the BNA IP guide:

Editing login prompt user credentials

To edit a login prompt user name and password, complete the following steps.

1. Select Discover > IP Products.
The Discover Setup - IP dialog box displays.

2. Click the Global Settings tab.
3. Click the Default Passwords tab.
4. Select Read/Write Login Prompt from the Credential Type list.
5. Select the user credential entry you want to edit in the Login Prompt List and click the left
arrow button.
The selected credentials display in the Add/edit Login Prompt area.
6. Edit the unique label to identify the credentials in the Display Label field.
This label can be from 1 through 200 characters long, case sensitive, and allows all printable
ASCII characters.
7. Edit the user name in the User ID field.
8. Edit the user password in the Password field. Select the Show Password check box to view the
password. The user can view the password only if the user has the password visibility privilege.
9. Click the right arrow button.
10. If the devices use multiple user names and passwords, use the Up or Down buttons to place
the most commonly used credentials at the top of the Login Prompt List to make discovery run
more efficiently.
11. Click Apply to save your work.
12. Click Close to close the Discover Setup - IP dialog box.
13. Click Yes on the confirmation message.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook