Management Software

Occasional Contributor

BNA 12.0.3 how to change IP address of already discovered San switch

Hi,

I have may be stupid problem but I cannot solve it as of now.

I have BNA 12.0.3. In one of discovered fabrics there is Pureflex chassis with Brocade embedded SAN switches. They were discovered with IP addresses and worked fine.

But vendor decided during management of the chassis to change IP addresses of these two SAN switches. Since then BNA gives them as unreachable because it tries to communicate with them using old IP addresses.

I tried everything - unmonitor switch, delete switch, delete entire fabric from BNA and then rediscover it ..... but every time BNA tries to discover these SAN switches using old IP addresses. I didn't find any solution for this in BNA documentation as well.

Please if anybody had hit this very stupid problem and knows a solution to share it with me.

Have a nice day :-)

Regular Contributor

Re: BNA 12.0.3 how to change IP address of already discovered San switch

Disregarding BNA, can you manage the embedded switches when you try to browse or ssh using the new ip address?

Occasional Contributor

Re: BNA 12.0.3 how to change IP address of already discovered San switch

Hi,

yes, I have connection toi th switches using ssh or http. I can manage them.

But the only option to enter new IP in BNA is when discover a new fabric through seed switch. Unfortunately switches with changed IP addresses are ina AG mode so they cannot be defined as a seed switch.

BR,

Cyril

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook