Management Software

Occasional Contributor

Any known issue with BNA 11.1.4 reporting false high ISL utilization?

Hi Folks,

I have a customer with 8 DCX04 switches split in 2 full mesh fabrics running 6.4.1a firmware with each DCX having 7 virtual fabrics.

With BNA 11.1.4 on Windows they experience high ISL utilization on BNA GUI or "red" on some ISL links from time to time.

The ISL's rarely go past 20% utilization when looking at BNA graphs and/or "portperfshow" data. Is there any known issue with BNA 11.1.4 with maybe "false" ISL high utilization BNA GUI changes? I have asked and they plan to update to 12.X of BNA and 7.1.0b switch firware in coming planned change mangement windows, but in the mean time I'm trying to see if anyone has seen this. I have attached a screenshot during an occasion of the event.

Thanks for any thoughts..!

Bob MacLean

Storage Technology Consultant

Hewlett-Packard Co.

Bob.maclean@hp.com

BCFP,BCSD,BCSM,BCAF,EMCPA,

EMCISA,MCSE,CISA,ITIL(V3),HPCP

Frequent Contributor

Re: Any known issue with BNA 11.1.4 reporting false high ISL utilization?

Bob -

No known issues that i can find with false utilization documented in the BNA release notes .

Did your customer upgrade yet , if yes any change in the reporting they noticed ?

-Annie.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Any known issue with BNA 11.1.4 reporting false high ISL utilization?

Hi Annie,

They have not upgraded yet and still seeing the the issue with ther 11.1.4 install.

October maintenance sometime is planned update. They run 7 virtual switches

on each of the 8 DCX switches as a side note. I'll updatye when I hear.

Bob MacLean

Storage Technology Consultant

Hewlett-Packard Co.

Bob.maclean@hp.com

BCFP,BCSD,BCSM,BCAF,EMCPA,

EMCISA,MCSE,CISA,ITIL(V3),HPCP

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook