Management Software

New Contributor

Access to Brocade 300 from Windows 10 with Java 8 upd 73

Hi,

Could anyone help me with access to brocade 300 from my PC? Currently I work on Windows 10 Proffesional with Java 8 upd. 73 installed. I can't access brocade 300 from any browser: Edge, IE, Firefox or Chrome. I need to change password. Is there some other software to manage the brocade 300?

Best regards,

Mariusz

Contributor

Re: Access to Brocade 300 from Windows 10 with Java 8 upd 73

You can access the command line interface using Telnet or Putty.  Here is a link to a version 7.0 CLI command reference; in general it should 'work' for any reasonably current version of FOS:

http://www1.brocade.com/downloads/documents/product_manuals/B_SAN/FOS_CmdRef_v700.pdf

Generally the 'secret' to getting the GUI to work lies in explaining carefully to your browser, and java, that yes, you really do want to permit execution from that IP.  Look at the security tab of the Java console, and the security options in your browser of choice.

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

I've changed password using ssh.

I have one more question: Am I eligible to do upgrade OS from 7.0.1 to the newest version? The swiches were bought a 3 years ago from OEM. Our contract support with this OEM vendor expired 5 months ago.

Mariusz

Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I can't respond to your legal status, I will  offer that some OEMs offer the FOS downloads through their usual support portals, either by hosting the files themselves, or by linking out from their support to an OEM portal at Brocade.

EMC support, for instance, would likely still give you access to the files as long as you had a valid sign-on.  IBM, by contrast, has gotten much better/worse about asking for machine serial numbers and validating individual support status before permitting firmware and other downloads.

Reminder:  If you want to upgrade a switch from FOS 7.0x to (for example) FOS 7.4x *non-disruptively* you have to step through the intermediate releases one at a time.  From 7.0x to 7.1x, then from 7.1x to 7.2x, then from 7.2x to 7.3x, and finally from 7.3x to 7.4x...

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook