Mainframe & FICON

New Contributor

Brocade FICON connecting ISL over DWDM

Hi,

I've got a pair of Brocade DCX 8510-4's which we've connected to a Z13 Mainframe...all's working well.

I now need to get a cross-site configuration up and running. We've got another 2 x DCX 8510-4's configured at a remote site connected over DWDM (distance approx 100kms).

I'm trying to get the links up and running, and I've got an "in-sync" status on the source site, and "no light" on the target site.

When I disable the port on the target site, the port on the primary site goes to "No_Sync", so I know there's some connectivity cross-ste.

My question is....is the link not working because of something like the Secure Policy being enabled? I've got the SecPolicy enabled on both source and primary, and added the wwn's of the switches into both SecPolicies (either side of the link), but just wondering if I need to take the secpolicy out before this link will become active....or is ther still some sort of physical issue with the cabling?

Cheers!

Sean

New Contributor

Re: Brocade FICON connecting ISL over DWDM

We're running v7.3.0b on all switches if that's of interest

Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

Re: Brocade FICON connecting ISL over DWDM

Hello,

Have you configured the ports as long distance LS for minimum distance of 100km?

Any messages seen on the switches?

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook