The Water Cooler

• 1.  Doubts about snmp-server view to filter traps.

Posted Mar 26, 2018 04:44 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to monitorice with HP IMC my brocade fastiron switches with 7.3.0 software.

I would like the traps in my switches. For that I need to create snmp-server view. In the manual, page 1786 you can read this:

All MIB objects are automatically excluded from any view unless they are explicitly included;therefore, when creating views using the snmp-server view command, indicate which portion of theMIB you want users to access.

I would like to receive a trap only if the port 1/1/0 goes down or UP. The only way to succes this is excluding all portsand including only the 1/1/10 . And I have also had to add snmpmibobjets string and mgmt string....  

1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1.0 excluded
    1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.1.10 included
    1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1 snmpmibobjets
    1.3.6.1.6.1.2 mgmt

¿I need excluded first all interfaces? Why I need add mgmt and snmpmibobjets to the snmp-server view?

Thanks all.

#TheWaterCooler

• 2.  Re: Doubts about snmp-server view to filter traps.

Posted Mar 26, 2018 05:24 AM

@Legacy User

due acquisition by Ruckus, ICX Switches are not longer supported by Brocade. Please post you question  in they Community.

https://community.brocade.com/t5/Info-Feedback/Brocade-Community-Forums-Redirects-to-Extreme-Networks-Pulse/m-p/94984#M194

#TheWaterCooler