Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

upgrading from 7.3.1 to 7.4.0a with some strange results

Hi

This weekend I upgraded some of our swithes from FOS 7.3.1 to 7.4.0a. I did not upgrade all fabrics because of the following.

When upgrading the second 6520 in the fabric it shows all ports greyed and no_license. They are still working and you can see that there are F and E ports but I dont like the look of it.

When upgrading two of our 6505 switches they from 7.3.1 to 7.4.0a, they are now showing in marginal state because of the abcense of one fan. They where only delivered with one fan and this has not been a problem with earlier versions of the FOS.

Anyone with the same experience? I'm not able to find anything about this in the releasenotes for 7.4.0b either.

Bjørnulf Ellingsen

Occasional Contributor

Re: upgrading from 7.3.1 to 7.4.0a with some strange results

I have a pair of 6505 switches running FOS 7.4.0b and they both show marginal.  They both show absent or failed power supply and fan, but they only come with a single power supply and fan.  Gui gives Fabric Watch no longer support error.  CLI gives:

san1:admin> mapsPolicy --clone dflt_base_policy -name custom_base_policy
Fabric vision license not present. Please install the license and retry the operation.

Any idea what I can do to get these to show healthy?

Occasional Contributor

bumpity bump?  No fix?  just backlevel all 6505 to version 7.3?  How come the 170W redundant power supply is $3500?  lol

New Contributor

I have exact experience. I found that it requires a license to disable the warning message.  The cost of the license is more expensive than a power supply. I think we need to wait the new firmware release

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook