Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

the compatibility issues

hi, experts,

I am in trouble.

the customer will deploy the server virtualization to reduce their cost.using brocade M5424 installed in DELL M1000e connect HDS VSP ,then install the vmware.

so whether the solution will come out the problems? i need to make it clear that brocade M5424 compatibility matrix list.

thank you very much

Super Contributor

Re: the compatibility issues

Greetings shareall_327.  I'm not 100% sure I understand the second part of your question so I'll do my best to answer.  The M5424 is made specific by Brocade for Dell's M1000E-Series and the M5424 is sold by Dell (not by Brocade) and therefore wont be listed in the Brocade Compatibility Matrix.  I've attached the M5424 datasheet and there is a brief compatibility statement towards the back.  Now within the Brocade Compatibility Matrix, the HDS VSP is listed against our 8 Gb portfolio so its safe to assume the M5424 will work fine with the VSP (though the M5424 isn't listed).  But if you need a 100% definitive compatibility statement for native fibre channel, as this embedded switch is made for Dell, Dell will need to be contacted directly.  Otherwise, the M5424 does support Access Gateway mode.  Hope that helps.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
Super Contributor

Re: the compatibility issues

shareall_327 I moved your question to its right location from 'Ask the Experts' to Datacenter SAN.

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook