Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

setting up FCIP in a 3 site design

Hi all

I am going to be setting up a FCIP configuration between 3 sites, and am not sure about the FCIP tunnels

Site A - 2 FCIP 7800's - "fcip fabricA" switch and "fcip fabricB" switch

Site B - 2 FCIP 7800's - "fcip fabricA" switch and "fcip fabricB" switch

Site C - DR site - 2 FCIP 7800's "fcip fabricA" switch and "fcip fabricB" switch

On the FC side of the switches, the arrays being replicated will be zoned to each other accordingly

I need Site A to have a tunnel to Site C - it will use VE_port 16 with 2 circuits, circuit 0 on Ge0 and circuit 1 on Ge1 on switch 1, and on switch 2 the same deal

for Site B to Site C, do i set up VE_port 16 there also, or should i explicity define the next VE_port 17 for this tunnel, seeing that Site A to Site C is using VE_port 16?

And to add to this, i believe i need to have Site A and Site B setup with a tunnel (not sure on this yet)

Regular site to site FCIP is not difficult, just adding in a 3rd Site is where i am having some diffculty mapping out what i need to do

Thanks in Advance

James

Brocade Moderator

Re: setting up FCIP in a 3 site design

James,

You are correct.

The VE_port is a local port identifier on each unique switch.

It is ideal to use separate VE_ports to connect tunnels between 7800s at different locations.

For each fabric, You can use VE_port 16 on each site A and B switch, and use separte VE_ports on Site C to connect to each site. (VE_port 16 to connect from Site C to Site A, and VE_port 17 to connect Site C to site B)

- Or  you could use VE_port 16 on each switch pair connecting Sites A and Site C, and use VE_port 17 on each switch pair to connect Site B and Site C.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Larry

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of serviceability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook