Fibre Channel (SAN)

portHealth: Fabric vision license not present. Please install the license and retry the operation

On a san switch which is fabric with other switch. I see porthealth status "Fabric vision license not present. Please install the license and retry the operation" when type portshow <nubmer> command. At present the server can not use NPIV for those ports. Even though the port was enabled NPIV. Does anyone let me know wether that status affecting connection or not. I paste portshow result in the below for your reference. Thanks

DC-SW24B04:admin> portshow 3
portIndex: 3
portName: port3
portHealth: Fabric vision license not present. Please install the license and retry the operation.

Authentication: None
portDisableReason: None
portCFlags: 0x1
portFlags: 0x24b03 PRESENT ACTIVE F_PORT G_PORT U_PORT LOGICAL_ONLINE LOGIN NOELP LED ACCEPT FLOGI
LocalSwcFlags: 0x0
portType: 18.0
POD Port: Port is licensed
portState: 1 Online
Protocol: FC
portPhys: 6 In_Sync portScn: 32 F_Port
port generation number: 648
state transition count: 39

portId: 0e0300
portIfId: 43020011
portWwn: 20:03:c4:f5:7c:4f:67:cc
portWwn of device(s) connected:
10:00:00:90:fa:dc:48:5b
Distance: normal
portSpeed: N8Gbps

Credit Recovery: Inactive
Aoq: Inactive
FAA: Inactive
F_Trunk: Inactive
LE domain: 0
Peer beacon: Off
FC Fastwrite: OFF
Interrupts: 0 Link_failure: 19 Frjt: 0
Unknown: 77 Loss_of_sync: 0 Fbsy: 0
Lli: 239 Loss_of_sig: 20
Proc_rqrd: 2587 Protocol_err: 0
Timed_out: 0 Invalid_word: 1349233
Rx_flushed: 0 Invalid_crc: 0
Tx_unavail: 0 Delim_err: 0
Free_buffer: 0 Address_err: 0
Overrun: 0 Lr_in: 20
Suspended: 0 Lr_out: 19
Parity_err: 0 Ols_in: 19
2_parity_err: 0 Ols_out: 20
CMI_bus_err: 0

Port part of other ADs: No

Brocade Moderator

Re: portHealth: Fabric vision license not present. Please install the license and retry the operation

Hello,

Can you run command below:

portcfgshow

There is no relationship between the Fabric Vision license and NPIV.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Valued Contributor

Re: portHealth: Fabric vision license not present. Please install the license and retry the operation

> Invalid_word: 1349233

Could you please also post the output of portstatsshow on this port?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.