Fibre Channel (SAN)

Frequent Visitor

kindly help we are moving from 48000 to dcx 8510 is there any docs and plans anyone can share please

cAN ANYONE HELP WITH ANY MIGRATION PLAN DETILS,RISKS AND PREPERATION DOCS ???ANY HELP WILL BE PPRECIATED

External Moderator

Re: kindly help we are moving from 48000 to dcx 8510 is there any docs and plans anyone can share please

Hi pricelessafrica@gmail.com

I moved your post in the correct forum.

you need first to basically configuration for in New DCX, Unique Domain ID, IP Address.

48000 must meet FOS compatility release to FOS installed on DCX, for details refer the Release Notes.

simple way for migration is to ISL old 48K to DCX, the config will be migrate.

next step, you can begin to move step-by-step cable from 48K and plug in DCX.

TechHelp24
Brocade Moderator

Re: kindly help we are moving from 48000 to dcx 8510 is there any docs and plans anyone can share please

[ Edited ]

While not a migration plan per-se, the downloadable "SAN design and best practices guide, v2.3" covers much of what you are looking for. It can be found by downloading from the my.brocade.com website, under;  > Documentation > Technical Documentation(filter on 'all products') > Best Practice Guides.

You will also find a migration guide from Cisco to Brocade in the same location that may be useful.

Best of luck,

doc

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Visitor

Did the suggested process work for your migration?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook