Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

how to configure snmp v3 in a Director 48000 with FOS 6.3

I need to configure SNMP v3 in 2 Directors 48000 in order to allow Internal auditors to monitor some activities.  I do not know how to implement V3 in these Fiber channel switches running FOS 6.3.  Can somebody help me to achieve this goal?

Valued Contributor

Re: how to configure snmp v3 in a Director 48000 with FOS 6.3

Hi,

I am not a friend of using the GUI, to configure SNMPv3 via CLI, the procedure would be quite simple.

on the switch side you have to configure the SNMPv3 credentials and the SNMPv3 traps destination. See an example below:

ED48K_132:admin> snmpconfig --set snmpv3

SNMP Informs Enabled (true, t, false, f): <-- If you set SNMP Informs, SNMP traps are not used.

Six users are created by default, you can use them or create a new one. In this case we're creating snmpv3 user my_user

SNMPv3 user configuration(snmp user not configured in FOS user database will have physical AD and admin role as the default):

User (rw):

Auth Protocol : (1..3)

Priv Protocol ): (2..2)

User (rw):

User (rw): my_user

Auth Protocol : (1..3) 1

New Auth Passwd:

Verify Auth Passwd:

Priv Protocol ): (1..6) 1

New Priv Passwd:

Verify Priv Passwd:

User (ro):

User (ro):

User (ro):

SNMPv3 trap recipient configuration:

Trap Recipient's IP address :

UserIndex: (1..6)

Trap recipient Severity level : (0..5)

Trap recipient Port : (0..65535)

Trap recipient Severity level : (0..5)

Trap Recipient's IP address : 10.64.160.133 <-- Traps will be forwarded to this IP Address

Trap recipient Severity level : (0..5) 4 <-- severity of the traps set to informational and above.

Committing configuration.....done.

Now, if you want to manage this switch with a third-party application, you have to discover the switch using the credentials we've just created.

To do this via Webtools, I suppose that you should look for these fields in the GUI.

Rgds,

Felipon

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook