Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

how do you clear the power supply absent alarms on a Brocade DCX switch in BNA 11.1?

i am running Brocade Network Advisor 11.1 with several DCX switches configured in it.  the DCX switches are showing alarms for absent power supplies.  the DCX switches only have 2 out of 4 power supplies configured.  is there a way to clear the red Diamond on these switches?  do i need to alter the fabric watch settings so that this alarm does not show up?  any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: how do you clear the power supply absent alarms on a Brocade DCX switch in BNA 11.1?

Yes you need to change FabricWatch settings.

You can use the Webtools GUI or the cli command fwfrucfg to change the value.

I hope this helps. If not please let me know. Otherwise please mark the thread.

Thanks,

Andreas

Occasional Contributor

Re: how do you clear the power supply absent alarms on a Brocade DCX switch in BNA 11.1?

Use switchsatatuspolicyset command in the DCX to indicate the number of powersupplies that need to be absent or faulty in order to trigger the down-status (red diamond). Set the values for powersupplies to 3 for both faulty and marginal. The default values (2 and 1) cause the DCX to be flagged down since only 2 powersupplies are present.

You can simple test this with webtools. Start webtools and see that the Status and Power tabs on top are flagged with a red diamond. Change the switchstatuspolicy settings as indicated above. Then go back to webtools and right-click the switchname in the left-part of the webtools screen and select Refresh. Both power- and Status-tabs will turn green again.

Wait for the next polling-cycle of BNA to correctly reflect the new situation. BNA does not have the Refresh option (yet) like Webtools. Strange, since BNA uses Webtools 'under the hood' for a lot of things.

New Contributor

Thanks so much.  changing the switch status policy helped.  

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook