Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

fix configuration violations due to offline devices when activating Lsan zones in BNA

Attempting to add members to existing LSAN zones via Network Advisor. After adding the members then selecting Activate, I get a dialog stating that I have configuration violations due to offline devices. Has anyone experienced this issue before? If so, can the details be shared on how to resolve the issue or provide documented steps for resolution.

Brocade Moderator

Re: fix configuration violations due to offline devices when activating Lsan zones in BNA

Hi Cletis,

Which version of BNA are you using? Notice that from BNA v12.2.0 and above where we have added the restriction if zone alias contains only offline members in LSAN scope.  Further, the following defect is fixed in 12.4.0:

484849 Host Devices WWN are shown as Unknown\Offline after editing the Alias from the LSAN Zoning dialog.

In general, try the following in order to activate the LSAN zone successfully in BNA.

1. Assign all zone alias which contains only offline zone member to any one of the zones present in the right hand side.
2. Assign any one of the online member to zone alias which contains only offline member in the left hand side and activate the LSAN zones.
3. Remove the zone alias which contains only offline members in LSAN zoning dialog it is not used in the future.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Re: fix configuration violations due to offline devices when activating Lsan zones in BNA

I am running BNA 12.4.2. I am not sure of what you are suggesting exactly. I am listing the aliased members in the left hand panel of the LSAN backbone fabric. The only zones are the LSAN zones on the right-hand side panel. None of the offline members are associated with those zones. Can you please give more detail for the three options mentioned.

1. Assign all zone alias which contains only offline zone member to any one of the zones present in the right hand side.

I am attempting to add the members to LSAN zones from the backbone fabric zoning scope. Should this step be done from the non-backbone fabric zoning scope. 

2. Assign any one of the online member to zone alias which contains only offline member in the left hand side and activate the LSAN zones.

Should this step be used with the non-backbone fabrics?

3. Remove the zone alias which contains only offline members in LSAN zoning dialog it is not used in the future.

Please elaborate.

Brocade Moderator

Hi Cletis,

sorry for the late reply - have been working out of office.  And I found screenshots today to complement the description:

1. Assign all zone alias which contains only offline zone member to any one of the zones present in the right hand side:

screenshot-1.png

2. Assign any one of the online member to zone alias which contains only offline member in the left hand side and activate the LSAN zones:

screenshot-2.png

3. Remove the zone alias which contains only offline members in LSAN zoning dialog if you doesn’t use it in future:

screenshot-3.png

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.