Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

firmwaredownload failures

Hi,

I have a 48000 switch . One CP failed and was replaced. The existing CP runs 6.2.0g verison while the replacement one runs 6.4.0c. I need to downgrade the new CP to 6.2.0g.  I am trying to downgrade the standby CP from 6.4.0c to 6.3.2d using scp on  a windows server. First, is there a specific downgrade path that I need to follow or is it ok to downgrade from 6.4.0c -> 6.3.2d and then to 6.2.0g .  If not, can someone give me the recommended path. As for the downgrade itself, it fails and tried it multiple times. FOS  directory is under my homedir  . I am able to do configupload without any issues.  Here is what happens.

Switch:admin> firmwaredownload -s

Server Name or IP Address: 192.168.1.2

User Name: xxxxxx

File Name: FOS/v6.3.2d

Network Protocol(1-auto-select, 2-FTP, 3-SCP) : 3

Password:

Do Auto-Commit after Reboot :

Reboot system after download :

Server IP: 192.168.1.2, Protocol IPv4

Checking system settings for firmwaredownload...

Failed to access scp://xxxxx:******xx@192.168.1.2/FOS/v6.3.2d/release.plist

The server is inaccessible or firmware path is invalid. Please make sure the server name or IP address, the user/password and the firmware path are valid and the server supports SSH password authentication.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Moeen

Community Manager

Re: firmwaredownload failures

Hi Moeen,

The path you outlined should work for you (6.4.0c -> 6.3.2d -> 6.2.0g). Looking at the message posted, it appears to be complaining about the path or server accessibility.  You may wish to explicitly point to the home directory.  The following is an example for the FOS v6.4.0 Admin Guide.  I added the -s part for you.

ecp:admin> firmwaredownload -s

Type of Firmware (FOS, SAS, or any application) :

Server Name or IP Address: 10.1.2.3

User Name: userfoo

File Name: /home/userfoo/v6.4.0

Network Protocol (1-auto-select, 2-FTP, 3-SCP) :

Password: <hidden>

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook