Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

fabriclog

In the case of use the fabriclog -s command you get a output like this:

Time Stamp      Input and *Action                           S, P   Sn,Pn  Port  Xid
===================================================================================
Switch 0; Thu May 20 11:33:42 2010 GMT (GMT+0:00)
11:33:42.176621 ELP RJT Rcv, ct prfrm, in prgs              D2,P2  D2,P2  5     0x1048
11:33:42.316138 SCN AC_PORT                                 D2,P2  D2,P3  5     NA
11:33:42.319772 *EFP Send:p=0xfe,w=0x1ea4de8d,l=32,v=1      D2,P3  D2,P3  5     0x104a
11:33:42.320203 EFP Rcv                                     D2,P3  D2,P3  5     0x1ea5

I´m not realy shure what S,P / Sn,Pn means. I think P or Pn is the Port State like the information from the command fabportshow but what is S / Sn?

Thanks for response.

Regards

Jens

Contributor

Re: fabriclog

Fabriclog -s is the same command as fabstateshow that will be obselete in the near futur

Below are the Possible value for S, SN, P, and PN

Note that most of the value are used by brocade engineer to troubleshoot the FC switches

S,P: Colum represent the current Switch and Port state
Sn,Pn: Column represent the NEXT Switch and Port state
Port: Column represent the affected port (if applicable)
Xid: Colum represent the Exchange ID number (if applicable)

Possible Value for S, SN

F0 Non-Disrutine Fabric Reconfiguration request, Build Fabric BF, transition state
F2 EFP Idle state
D0 Setup: At the completion of Principal Switch selection, the principal switch shall assume the role of domain address Manager
D1 Send DIA:The Principal Switch shall then transmit a DIA SW_ILS request Sequence on all E_Ports
D2 Idle: The Principal Switch shall remain in this state until it receives an RD ISW_ILS request Sequence. Reception of RDIs and or EFPs shall be queued in this state
A0 Get Domai_ID: At the completion of Principal Switch Selection, the Switch receives the DIA SW_ILS request Sequence via the upstream Principal ISL
A1 Send DIA: After the Switch is granted a Domain_ID, it shall then transmit a DIA SW_ILS request sequence via all ISL other than the Principal ISL
A2 IDLE: The Switch Shall remian in this state until it receives an RDI SW_ILS request Sequence. Reception of RDIs and or EFPs shall be queued in this state

Pssible Value for P,PN are

P0 Port offline or initial state
P1 Port online
P2 Send/received ELP
P3 Receive activate Port State
I0 Echange Trunk time stamp
I1 Receive time stamp accept, then send trunk parameters
I2 Receive trunk parameter accept, transition to I3 and link reset port
I3 Wait for port active state
T0 Receive trunk time stamp
T1 Receive trunk parameter
T2 Send trunk parameter accept
T3 Wait for port active state

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook