Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

fabric watch notifications for the email but I can not get the alarms

[ Edited ]

hello again
I configured my switch with all polcies using fabric watch with tresholds and notifications for the email but I can not get the alarms

All test are perfect:
1 email test is OK in all switchs to my email address.(webtool /fabricwatch and cli)

2. enable fabrich watch init and thmonitor OK :
cjacamp> thmonitor --show
Brcd SFP Threshold Monitoring is enabled

cjacamp> fwclassinit
fwClassInit: Fabric Watch is updating...
fwClassInit: Fabric Watch has been updated.

3. Example:
the classname PORT area C3 DISCARD alarm configured with custom treshold where HIGH ABOVE=5 : should to send email action and LOG , the Port persistence time = 18seconds.

yesterday I executed the commands slotstatsclear and statsclear:

however, today find from porterrshow some counters c3discard on values 146,156,200 etc.

What could be the problem or what is missing?

External Moderator

Re: fabric watch and MAPS notifications for the email but I can not get the alarms

@jairo_campana

from the Thread Title:

"fabric watch and MAPS"

Is FW or is MAPS configured ?

if FW was enable bevore, you must first migrate the Threshold  to MAPS if you want to use MAPS instead of FW

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Re: fabric watch notifications for the email but I can not get the alarms

[ Edited ]

Excuse me I corrected the title , i have configured   fabric watch recently , but is not working, Should I migrate the threshold to maps  to correct it? ; in this moment  , not important  if use maps o fabric watch , I just need to get the alarms .

I checked the errshow and  is writing the alarms fine with the threshold configured . But I don't get to email alarms . however  the test mail from the swith (web/cli) is working ok.

2017/03/15-13:41:02, [FW-1515], 3319, SLOT 6 | FID 128, INFO, DCX2, slot12 port39 Port#12/39,Loss of Signal, has cr threshold boundary to in between(High=5, Low=0). Current value is 0 Error(s)/minute.

2017/03/17-13:07:26, [FW-1406], 3341, SLOT 6 | FID 128, CRITICAL, DCX2, memoryUsage,is above high boundary(High=0, Low=0). Current value is 27 % at 120 seconds.

External Moderator

@jairo_campana

-->>>Should I migrate the threshold to maps  to correct it?

is is not clear to me what is the FOS Release. Are you on FOS 7.2.x 7.3.x or 7.4.x Release ?

in FOS 7.4 FW and APM is not longer support

if you are  in 7.2 or 7.3 you can use anyway FW.

A Migration from FW to MAPS is mandatory if you want to use MAPS instead FW.

Independently from you Issue with FW, MAPS or whatever is the Problem:

To be honest, from a Technologie Point of View, I would suggest to abandon FW and migrate to MAPS, for a simple reason when you Upgrade the FOS to higher Release Fabric Watch is Obsolete, an dyou are obligated to convert to MAPS.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

ok 

my switch version : FOS: Fabric OS:  v7.2.1d  --> with support  MAPS , i am agree to migrate from FW to MAPS thresholds like best practice and recomendation.

In additional information:

I checked the errshow and  is writing the alarms fine with the threshold configured . But I don't get to email alarms (action custom) . however  the test mail from the swith (web/cli) is working ok.

2017/03/15-13:41:02, [FW-1515], 3319, SLOT 6 | FID 128, INFO, DCX2, slot12 port39 Port#12/39,Loss of Signal, has cr threshold boundary to in between(High=5, Low=0). Current value is 0 Error(s)/minute.

2017/03/17-13:07:26, [FW-1406], 3341, SLOT 6 | FID 128, CRITICAL, DCX2, memoryUsage,is above high boundary(High=0, Low=0). Current value is 27 % at 120 seconds.

Occasional Contributor

we have configured mail configuration in fabric watch and set all the thresholds. but we didnt get any mails regarding the alerts.

--

Fabric Watch alarm behavior depends on the threshold states associated with the Above, Below

and Changed thresholds. Threshold states can be INFORMATIVE, IN_RANGE, and OUT_OF_RANGE.

but when we try to send a test mail we are getting properly or maybe : No alarm is generated for INFORMATIVE to IN_RANGE (or IN_RANGE to INFORMATIVE) however  the log show alarms generated for this threshold states associated with the action to each action.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

this now is working fine !!! I adjusted the thresholds a little more aggressive setting and its wornking ok. 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.