Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

fabric watch notifications for the email but I can not get the alarms

[ Edited ]

hello again
I configured my switch with all polcies using fabric watch with tresholds and notifications for the email but I can not get the alarms

All test are perfect:
1 email test is OK in all switchs to my email address.(webtool /fabricwatch and cli)

2. enable fabrich watch init and thmonitor OK :
cjacamp> thmonitor --show
Brcd SFP Threshold Monitoring is enabled

cjacamp> fwclassinit
fwClassInit: Fabric Watch is updating...
fwClassInit: Fabric Watch has been updated.

3. Example:
the classname PORT area C3 DISCARD alarm configured with custom treshold where HIGH ABOVE=5 : should to send email action and LOG , the Port persistence time = 18seconds.

yesterday I executed the commands slotstatsclear and statsclear:

however, today find from porterrshow some counters c3discard on values 146,156,200 etc.

What could be the problem or what is missing?

External Moderator

Re: fabric watch and MAPS notifications for the email but I can not get the alarms

@jairo_campana

from the Thread Title:

"fabric watch and MAPS"

Is FW or is MAPS configured ?

if FW was enable bevore, you must first migrate the Threshold  to MAPS if you want to use MAPS instead of FW

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Re: fabric watch notifications for the email but I can not get the alarms

[ Edited ]

Excuse me I corrected the title , i have configured   fabric watch recently , but is not working, Should I migrate the threshold to maps  to correct it? ; in this moment  , not important  if use maps o fabric watch , I just need to get the alarms .

I checked the errshow and  is writing the alarms fine with the threshold configured . But I don't get to email alarms . however  the test mail from the swith (web/cli) is working ok.

2017/03/15-13:41:02, [FW-1515], 3319, SLOT 6 | FID 128, INFO, DCX2, slot12 port39 Port#12/39,Loss of Signal, has cr threshold boundary to in between(High=5, Low=0). Current value is 0 Error(s)/minute.

2017/03/17-13:07:26, [FW-1406], 3341, SLOT 6 | FID 128, CRITICAL, DCX2, memoryUsage,is above high boundary(High=0, Low=0). Current value is 27 % at 120 seconds.

External Moderator

@jairo_campana

-->>>Should I migrate the threshold to maps  to correct it?

is is not clear to me what is the FOS Release. Are you on FOS 7.2.x 7.3.x or 7.4.x Release ?

in FOS 7.4 FW and APM is not longer support

if you are  in 7.2 or 7.3 you can use anyway FW.

A Migration from FW to MAPS is mandatory if you want to use MAPS instead FW.

Independently from you Issue with FW, MAPS or whatever is the Problem:

To be honest, from a Technologie Point of View, I would suggest to abandon FW and migrate to MAPS, for a simple reason when you Upgrade the FOS to higher Release Fabric Watch is Obsolete, an dyou are obligated to convert to MAPS.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

ok 

my switch version : FOS: Fabric OS:  v7.2.1d  --> with support  MAPS , i am agree to migrate from FW to MAPS thresholds like best practice and recomendation.

In additional information:

I checked the errshow and  is writing the alarms fine with the threshold configured . But I don't get to email alarms (action custom) . however  the test mail from the swith (web/cli) is working ok.

2017/03/15-13:41:02, [FW-1515], 3319, SLOT 6 | FID 128, INFO, DCX2, slot12 port39 Port#12/39,Loss of Signal, has cr threshold boundary to in between(High=5, Low=0). Current value is 0 Error(s)/minute.

2017/03/17-13:07:26, [FW-1406], 3341, SLOT 6 | FID 128, CRITICAL, DCX2, memoryUsage,is above high boundary(High=0, Low=0). Current value is 27 % at 120 seconds.

Occasional Contributor

we have configured mail configuration in fabric watch and set all the thresholds. but we didnt get any mails regarding the alerts.

--

Fabric Watch alarm behavior depends on the threshold states associated with the Above, Below

and Changed thresholds. Threshold states can be INFORMATIVE, IN_RANGE, and OUT_OF_RANGE.

but when we try to send a test mail we are getting properly or maybe : No alarm is generated for INFORMATIVE to IN_RANGE (or IN_RANGE to INFORMATIVE) however  the log show alarms generated for this threshold states associated with the action to each action.

Occasional Contributor

this now is working fine !!! I adjusted the thresholds a little more aggressive setting and its wornking ok. 

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook