Fibre Channel (SAN)

Visitor

fabric watch link failure email alert

Hi All,

I want to setup email alert when fabic link failure(disconnect), but fabric watch just send email after reconnect the fabric cable and the Alarm Notification - Reason display Low above, how can I set email alarm when link disconnect? Thanks.

Brocade 6505 v7.3.0c

Fabric Watch setting as below but email alarm just send when cable reconnect

port - link loss - Trait Configuration - Traits Custom Defined Minute - Low Boundary 0 - Hing Boundary 2 - Buffer Size 0

port - link loss - Trait Configuration - Activate Level Custom Defined

port - link loss - Alarm Configuration - Alarms Custom Defined - Hign Above - EMAIL_ALERT

port - link loss - Alarm Configuration - Activate Level Custom Defined

Or set below only

F/FL Optical Port - link loss - Trait Configuration - Traits Custom Defined Minute - Low Boundary 0 - Hing Boundary 2 - Buffer Size 0

F/FL Optical Port - link loss - Trait Configuration - Activate Level Custom Defined

F/FL Optical Port - link loss - Alarm Configuration - Alarms Custom Defined - Hign Above - EMAIL_ALERT

F/FL Optical Port - link loss - Alarm Configuration - Activate Level Custom Defined

Best regards,

Chung

Frequent Contributor

Re: fabric watch link failure email alert

[ Edited ]

HI @chinchillaking,

While we still encourage the community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you know that we have started a pilot program with TAC to help with certain community posts and your post has been handed off to our TAC technicians. They will be reaching out to you shortly to gather more information. I encourage you to continue to post in the community and once your post is resolved, we will make sure to post the resolution back to the community to help other members. 

TAC Engaged.png

Dennis Smith
Manager Brocade Communities
@DennisMSmith

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook