Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

difference in port configs?

Hi all. I have an 8 port 3800 and a HP rebranded 16 port 3800. This morning I tried moving the uplink port from port 7 on the 8 port switch to port 15 on the new 16 port switch. I got no link light on the new port. The other end is direct attached to a Clariion CX400. I was able to move the other uplink from the smaller switch to port 7 of the 16 port switch w/o incident.

Frequent Contributor

Re: difference in port configs?

Hi snipes,Maybe they are just disabled?

Occasional Contributor

Bernd,Firmware 3.1.1 I believe

New Contributor

Are you getting a fabric segmentation error or are the lights not coming on at all? As a gut check make sure your fabric.ops parameters in configshow are the same on both switches. I've tried connected legacy Compaq 2800's to switches I've acquired from other vendors and have had to modify things like RA_TOV and ED_TOV to keep them from segmenting. If it's a fabric segmentation make sure you don't have redundant zoning information in the new switch.Have you tried replacing the SFP? Try doing a portlogdumpport <port #> and look at the trace to see if they plogi/flogi and all that good stuff.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook