Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

configupload problem

Hello all

I hope someone can explain why when I try to do a configupload it always seems to return with an error message " configupload not permitted "

The switches are sitting is a remote data centre, I have full access to the network from my office.

I'm using 3cDeamon to be the ftp sever on my laptop, I can see the connection hit my ftp server but then the message within the 3cDeamon is "connection closed by Peer"

I decided to try again with an account on our ftp server within the data center which is local to the brocades, From the brocade CLI I can ping the server that hosts the FTP server, I have tried again but the brocade still comes back with the same message " configupload not permitted "

I'm logging in with Admin rights, I can access the switches via telnet / http . but getting the config file off the switches seems to be a not happening.

I'm confused?:|

Occasional Contributor

Re: configupload problem

Hi

From CLI (telnet/SSH) session issue "configshow | grep -i cfgload" command. If "cfgload.secure" parameter is set to 1, then secure config upload and download is enforced. In which case you will have to use SCP instead of FTP, or disable the enforcement (configure > cfgload attributes > enforce secure config upload/download).

Contributor

Hi

thanks for the reply, I ran the command, and the cfgload.secure is already disabled, Do you have any other Idea what might be causing the problem ?

I'm using Procomm to connect, dontknow it that makes a difference

Phil

Occasional Contributor

Hi

I looked up Fabric OS troubleshooting guide. Maybe there are some clues there:

If your login to the FTP or SCP server has failed, verify the username and password are correct.

• You do not have configuration upload permission on the switch.

There may be some restrictions if you are using Admin Domains or Role-Based Access Control.

For more information on these types of restrictions, refer to the Fabric OS Administrator’s

Guide.

• You do not have permission to write to directory on the FTP or SCP server.

Occasional Contributor

This may not be correct, however I heard today that version 6 firmware only supports passive FTP and many FTP servers do not support this mode.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook