Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

configdownload fails during replacement of 5300

oDoing a configdownload after physically replacing a 5300 with an OEM licensed 5300. 

Provided with new licence keys

configupload file  from old switch saved onto unix mgmt host.

Both existing and replacement 5300s  at firmware 7.2.1g

Replacement switch powered on , given correct ip address enabling ftp to unix host 

switchdisabled , defzone --allaccess set 

Configdownload fails as below:

Doing configDownload on switch ...

Activating configDownload: Switch is disabled

Another Transaction is already in progress.
configDownload: zoneImport() failed key=cfg.ppgccen_B partial_value=Bzgccenpreesx07_D_vmax0928_gc rc=-3

Another Transaction is already in progress.

configDownload not permitted

We've rebooted / fastbooted switch to attempt to clear "Another Transaction is in Progress"

Inspection of saved config file (all) looks correct at first review.

Anyone seen this before ? Thanks 

Occasional Contributor

Re: configdownload fails during replacement of 5300

I've answered my own question ...i'd forgotten that when setting

defzone --allaccess

you need to save it with a 

cfgsave

Doh!!!

So every time i was setting it and thinking it set it wasn't , and it was producing a variety of error messages but the fact that it failed on teh bit of the config file containing the long list of defined zone entries.

How long did that take me  ??

I'd even encountered this years ago when trying to get a clean swith to join an existing fabric....needing to have "defzone --allaccess" set on the new switch followed by cfgsave.

Brocade Moderator

Re: configdownload fails during replacement of 5300

Hi John,

you can always use cfgTransShow to check for ongoing transactions. And they can be aborted via CLI cfgTransAbort

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.