Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

clear error for login violation

We have a yellow error symbol on our SAN switch - it appears to be related to the following error event "Sec Login Violation, is above high boundary (High=2, Low=1)". The error was generated by some Enterprise wide network scans being done.  The error is from a week ago.

So we just want to know how to clear out this old error on the switch. Is there a command used to clear the login violation boundary error?

Super Contributor

Re: clear error for login violation

how can you besure that it is because of sec violation, for sec violation th eerror sign will not be ther for long time

check the cmnd:

errdump,

switchstatusshow

if you use GUI, you can see why the error is  in th ewarning section? pls confirm first

Occasional Contributor

The switchstatusshow says everything is healthy.  And you are correct, the errdump doesn't show this particular error.  I've been researching and it looks like this error is strictly from Fabric Watch (crossing a threshold event).  But I'm concerned that the error doesn't clear...even after we rebooted the switch (we did a firmware upgrade yesterday).

I didn't think Fabric Watch would hold an alarm with an old event.  Is there a way to clear this one FW threshold error?  Or do we have to dump the entire error log to clear this?

Super Contributor

is it showing in Switch events/Fabric events. you can clear the events.

or you can check fabricWatch configuration and you can clear it there also.Btw, in FW do u have e-mail config. and if yes, then have you got any message related to error.

What is the sw model and FOS ?

Where exactly it shows you the error?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook