Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Zoning issue on Brocade's 300 uplinks

Hi all,

I have been trying to setup two new Brocade switches in our actual environment.  As a new comer in the san world, I would need your knowledge and experience to shed some light on this situation.

I have hooked up each Brocade 300 to our Hitachi USP VM with two uplinks (one on each controller for some harware redundancy).  I have a bounch of ESX servers to connect to those new Brocades and each server would have it's own lun that should not be seen by the other servers.  I have created a zone for each server.  I have also created an alias that includes both uplinks to the Hitachi as members of that alias (I have used Hitachi's interfaces WWN).

Each zone have the server's HBA WWN as a member and the alias (which includes both uplinks to the Hitachi). So there are 3 members per zone.

At the moment, I have two test servers and they both see the two luns I have created. The luns are pointing to the Brocades' uplinks : the 4 interfaces of the USP VM.

How can I seperate the luns to be seen by each server in each zone? The point is that each server see only one LUN.

I'm sure this will be obvious to you guys, but like stated earlier, I'm new to the storage world and I'm learning on the spot and hoping for some indications from you guys.

Thanks a bounch for the help!

Super Contributor

Re: Zoning issue on Brocade's 300 uplinks

you need to create for each server its own host storage domain on the Hitachi array.

the host storage domain is needed on both controller

as an expamle 1A and 2A as one pair. You can add mutiple server on the same port its own host storage domain.

After that add a LUn into the host storage domains. MAke sure that your zoning is ok.

I hope this helps,

Andreas

Super Contributor

Re: Zoning issue on Brocade's 300 uplinks

I forgot.

You have to set the correct host options for VMWare.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook