Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Zoning Changes Won't "Take"

Using the web interface on 3800's, I make changes (like attempting to add an alias) and then save the config. Then I enable the config. But if I pull a zoning report, the alias changes just sit in the DEFINED config, never go into the ENABLED config.

New Contributor

Re: Zoning Changes Won't "Take"

Try it commandline based. Older switches (firmware) had problems with zoning configs via the webinterface...

Occasional Contributor

Did you saved the config (saved config only) before "enable configuration"?.from command line put "config save"

Contributor

You're talking about changing and adding.If you're adding a new one, you should also add the new alias in a zone. If this zone is also new, you should add him in the config as well. If it's an existing zone, adding the new alias and save/enable the config should be enough.

New Contributor

J.

New Contributor

Recently we had an issue very similar to this; however we had a fabric at 5.1.0 and the other 5.3.0, with the later having the zoning issues. Any zone changes would be nulled out and nothing would stick, but telnet commands were successful. The older firmware fabric anything would work - Gui and Telnet.John

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook