Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Zone reporting in Brocade BNA

Hello Friends,

I wanted to check from BNA if for a particular servers there are any zoning changes happened in last 10days and if yes who did that?

Thanks!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Zone reporting in Brocade BNA

You might try "auditdump" in FOS CLI. Not sure if it will help in your case though...
Contributor

Thanks Stephen.

Brocade Moderator

BNA uses a 'compare zone database' method to check for adds, deletions to a reference config. To enable, you would click on configure > zoning > fabric. There should be a dialog box that comes up to allow you to configure how zoning is managed. In that box, click on compare from the list. This will allow you to check the changes from the current reference zone DB and the editible database. If you have 'track changes' enabled, you can correlate the change in the zone DB with the prev logins. Click the 'show differences' to only show the changes made.You will see green + and red - for items that have been changed.

As for 'who did that' I believe that the track changes setting in the fabric parameters will show user logins.

Although not asked, a much better way of managing your device changes in advance, rather than in arrears is with a Device Connection Control security policy. This will restrict any devices(and not allow a change in the zoning) from entering your SAN without a managed and controlled effort by an administrator.

Best of luck,

doc

Any and all information provided by me is for entertainment value and should not be relied upon as a guaranteed solution or warranty of mechantability. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a concern about data loss, or network disconnection, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, Please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Download FREE NVMe eBook