Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Zone new Blade FX servers (PowerEdge FC630) to my Brocades

[ Edited ]

I have 2 Brocade SLKWRM 300's and 2 Brocade 6510's ISL'ed together with our Hitachi and HP SAN.

We just racked 3 new Blade FX Servers (PE FC630 which have 4 servers contained w/in each blade chassis) and connected 4 fiber cables Each to my 65510's. There are a total of 8 ports on the back of each blade chassis with 4 being used for fiber and 4 for network. 2 of those 4 fiber ports are connected to my one brocade 6510 and the other 2 to my other 6510 for failover.

The brocades see the blade servers as online and with device port WWN's. I did notice that for device details it shows Unknown(initiator/target)-not sure if that's an issue.

For zone admin, I have created an alias for each server port then created a zone for each server and saved and enabled the config.

Problem is when I log in to my Hitachi and HP SAN command suite, I do not see these WWN's to add to my VMware host group in order for the blade servers to see this storage. I have no problems with "normal" PE vm host servers, just these blade servers which will be used as vm hosts. What is going on or what do I need to enable to have my SANs see these WWN's?

thanks!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook