Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Zone admin not appearing in webtools after FOS upgrade

Hello,

I have upgraded the FOS on a Brocade 4016 switch from version 5.0.5 to 6.2.0a.  In the Webtools interface, the option for zoning does not appear in the Tasks list on the left hand side thus it is not possible to configure zoning via the webtools.  However, it is completely possible to configure zoning via the command line.

With firmware version 5.0.5 we did have the zoning licensed.  As I understand it, with firmware 6.1.1 Brocade included zoning as standard so when you issue license at the command prompt, it returns the zoning license as unknown1.

What do I need to do to get the "Zone Admin" to appear in the Webtools so I can configure zoning there?

I also notice that the switch health is reported as marginal.  When I investigated, it looks like the flash card is reported as being 94% full.  How do I clear some space on it?

Many thanks,

Richard.

External Moderator

Re: Zone admin not appearing in webtools after FOS upgrade

Richard,

--->>>  it returns the zoning license as unknown1.

this is correct, and dont have any impact to the License.

--->>> I have upgraded the FOS on a Brocade 4016 switch from version 5.0.5 to 6.2.0a.

Do you made correct the Upgrade intermediate Release ?

Post please a screen from the webtools here.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help.

I think I've found the answer.  From reading the firmware release notes, it would appear that starting in firmware release 6.1.0, Brocade moved the zoning and other fabric functions out of webtools and into DCFM professional (which comes free with each switch).  So all OK, I just need to set up a server with DCFM on it.

So that just leaves the remaining issue that the switch shows the flash card usage at 94% - how do I reduce this?

Many thanks,

Richard.

External Moderator

see the CLI manuals for SupportShow and SupportSave example with the option -R to remove core and dump file.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook