Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Re: X6-4 FOS upgrade from 8.0.2a to 8.0.2b failes with "Failed to download firmware signature (0x40)"

Tried it, same result. Also tried just a hafailover.

External Moderator

Re: X6-4 FOS upgrade from 8.0.2a to 8.0.2b failes with "Failed to download firmware signature (0x40)"

@CiASpook

->Tried it, same result. Also tried just a hafailover.

did you issued only "hafailover" or "hareboot" ?

become the Standby CP as Active CP

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I tried both.

I think the reason is that the standby CP is not availible on the network after a failover. It answers on ping but you can't log into it with ssh.

External Moderator

@CiASpook

I would suggest to try to do "firmwaredownload" from a CLI and not from BNA.

another option you can try is to launch "firmwaredownload -s" also on a single CP

If the error persist, then open TAC.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

As mentioned earlier I have done the firmwaredownload from CLI also.

I have not done for each CP. Would that work if I did it for the active one first, then hafailover to standby and to that one when it's active?

1. firmwaredownload -s on active (cp0)

2. hafailover to standby

3. firmwaredownload -s on active (cp1)

4. firmwarecommit

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

to summarize, what ever CP (or or 1) which is standby is answering pings, but no reachable via ssh or able to do firmwaredownload.   I would work out the networking issue before doing the firmwaredownload to 8.0.2b. Feels like a networking issue.

But one way would be to use the firmwareactivate possibility - assuming CP0 is active

on CP0: firmwaredownload -lr

on CP0: hafailover

on CP1: firmwaredownload -lr

on CP1: firnmwareactivate

I have never used the firmwareactivate on a director class switch, only on pizza boxes.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

I will try an upgrade from a USB stick first and see if that works just to exclude the networking issues.

Also add that the standby CP does not respond to ping either after a failover. So there is something wrong I think.

But I will try a USB upgrade first.

Occasional Contributor

So the USB download worked just fine. So the problem is network related.

I will make a new thread for the network problem I am having.

Thanks for all the suggested solutions.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

Click to Register
Download FREE NVMe eBook