Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Where to seek help on basic errors

Greetings All,

This is a basic question - not too technical at all. I am in the midst of setting up fabric alerts. Firstly on a Hitachi software application (Hitachi's Tuning Manager) then later on the switch GUI's. Now I can set up alerts - no problems.

My alerts are looking for what I term the basic diagnotic checks - that is CRC errors, invalid word errors, link failures, delimeter errors,etc, etc. I got most of these condictions from the Brocade manual.

My question - as in what happened recently - is I got errors - a series of link reset counts, link failures, zero buffer credits, invalid order counts on some of my eneterprise 48k switches. Now what - where do you look up the errors that provide more than a description. In laymen terms - what does it mean to encounter a high level of zero buffer credits, or what does it mean to have delimeter errors, etc. One thing to trap the exception or alert - another thing to determine what it means and what to do.

I would appreciate anyone pointing me to a guide/reference material. I have a medium size SAN / fabric infrastructure including DR and several 48k switches. Alerting is important - but consequent actions are even more important.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.

vADC is now Pulse Secure
Download FREE NVMe eBook