Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted

What means fcAL.alwaysSendRSCN, fcAL.openSendCLS Custom.index Parameters

Hi, 

we have 2 productions switches model 6510. 

The client asks us to change the parameters to fix a problem with the hp virtual connect

My question is... what each parameter means?, what impact it can have on my production envionment? , changes can be made without reboot  the san switch

Request Parameters

Custom.index:2

cAL.alwaysSendRSCN:1

fcAL.alwaysSendRSCN:0

oemLogo:1

Actual  Paramteres

Custom.index:1

fcAL.alwaysSendRSCN:0

fcAL.openSendCLS:4

oemLogo:0

Thanks

Brocade Moderator

Re: What means fcAL.alwaysSendRSCN, fcAL.openSendCLS Custom.index Parameters

Hi,

from configure CLI documentation

fcAL.alwaysSendRSCN

Following the completion of loop initialization, a remote state change notification (RSCN) is issued when FL_Ports detect the presence of new devices or the absence of preexisting devices. When set to 1, an RSCN is issued upon completion of loop initialization, regardless of the presence or absence of new or preexisting devices. When set to 0, an RSCN is not sent (default).

fcAL.openSendCLS

If this is set, a CLS is returned immediately to an OPN if no buffers are available. This is required for TachLite. The valid range is 0 to 4. The default value is 0.

The above is arbitrated loop parameters and I would doubt if they impact a HP VC stetup. As far I know, Customer.index is related to OEM providing the switch and I suspect the oemLogo related OEM, too.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Re: What means fcAL.alwaysSendRSCN, fcAL.openSendCLS Custom.index Parameters

Hi jgabriel,

Do you have the detail of issue observed on HPe Virtual Connect ?

Thanks

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.